Chelsea Boss Thomas Tuchel has annouced his big decission for Aston Villa clash. The German Manager hoping to achieve the task he was assigned for.
The blues boss admitted it’s always difficult when it comes to making his first choice selection as his Chelsea’s side face Aston Villa today.
The German boss replaced Frank Lampard as the blues boss in January and he has bee a resounding success since taking over the West London side.
Chelsea will play Manchester City in Champions League final next weekend and a win against Aston Villa can guarantee a Champions League spot for the blues before the Champions League final showdown.
Thomas Tuchel was asked if he would have loved to rest two of his stars for Villa clash, the Chelsea manager admitted it will be a tough decision to make.
“Yes and no. Yes in the clear sense that we want to have them in the final and don’t want to have any injuries, like we’ve had now with N’Golo and almost with Mason and Chilly [Ben Chilwell].
“But you have always the risk in any match to have injuries,” the German admitted during his pre-match press conference.
“And no, clearly no, because if we were qualified [for top four], you can lose the energy.
“You can overthink it, in terms of who do we leave out, who do we rest.
“Suddenly you have this rest and, given you’ve never had a rest in the last weeks, you have to cope with a rest and you don’t know if he will catch the momentum again. Always you’re torn.
“If you really ask me, I prefer to keep on going I think, it’s an advantage to keep on going to the very end and then have the Champions League final after that, and to fight for it constantly and not to have to deal with a situation where you don’t fight, you don’t want to be injured, you don’t want to lose your rhythm, but who do we take out, who should start.
“It’s better now just to think about Aston Villa and hope for a bit of luck, and take all the risks that we can only take.
“There will be no players rested, no players on the bench. It was all-in against Leicester, and it is all-in against Aston Villa.”
- How Mikel Arteta can help Bukayo Saka dominate Premier League next season June 14, 2021
- Thomas Tuchel need to learn from Zidane – how to win back – to – champions league trophy June 14, 2021
- No Champions League, no Europa League- can Mikel Arteta Arsenal’s lift the FA Cup again and make Top- four? June 10, 2021
- LEAKED VIDEO: “Poor writting” behind the scene of Ogun State Governor Prince Dapo Abiodun speaches shows a Lack of Professionalism from his aides June 9, 2021
- 3 reason why Chelsea’s likely to break Arsenal invincible Premier League records next season June 9, 2021