Juventus who were sixth on the Serie A table are gradually closing in on current league leaders AC Millan and second place Inter Millan, as they move to fourth on the table after their win against Sassuolo.
The Biaconeri side have had ups and downs this season, with their heavy loss to Fiorentina being the biggest.
They hosted Sassuolo on matchday 16 at the Allianz Club on Sunday, where they played a tough game and were rewarded hard-earned three points.
The first half ended in a stalemate, as both teams weren’t able to produce a goal, even after creating chances. But, Sassuolo’s Pedro Obiang was sent off after a dangerous tackle on Federico Chiesa. He was initially given a yellow card, but was shown red after a consult with the VAR.
Sassuolo came back one man down in the second half and Juventus took advantage of it.
They started creating goal scoring chances, with most of it coming Ronaldo’s way, but, they couldn’t find the back of the net till the 50th minute, when Danilo took advantage of a loose ball close to Sassuolo’s box, hitting it with a powerful shot that took it straight to the back of the net.
The goalkeeper had not chance on the ball, so, the Bianconeris took the lead. Sassuolo fought back, despite losing one man. They levelled the game in the 58th minute, as Gregoire Defrel put in a superb ball to renew hopes.
After twenty-two minutes of stale play, Juventus were back in front, when Aaron Ramsey perfectly tucked in Gianluca Frabotta’s low cross, making it 2-1 in the 82nd minute.
Cristiano Ronaldo settled the scoreline and redeemed himself in the injury time of the second half when he made a quck run before pummelling the ball past Sassuolo’s goalkeeper to seal the deal. After ninety minutes, the tough game ended 3-1 in favour of the defending champions, as they moved to fourth on the table.
Meanwhile, Ronaldo broke another record after the match, being the player with the most official football goals. Messi also broke a record, after his superb goal scoring freekick against Granada. He was named the football player with the most freekick goals.
- How Mikel Arteta can help Bukayo Saka dominate Premier League next season June 14, 2021
- Thomas Tuchel need to learn from Zidane – how to win back – to – champions league trophy June 14, 2021
- No Champions League, no Europa League- can Mikel Arteta Arsenal’s lift the FA Cup again and make Top- four? June 10, 2021
- LEAKED VIDEO: “Poor writting” behind the scene of Ogun State Governor Prince Dapo Abiodun speaches shows a Lack of Professionalism from his aides June 9, 2021
- 3 reason why Chelsea’s likely to break Arsenal invincible Premier League records next season June 9, 2021