Connect with us

News

Drama in Abuja Court As Police Failed To Bring Omoyele Sowore, Others For Ruling.

Published

on

Omoyele Sowore

There was a lot of tension at the Wuse, Zone 2, Magistrates Court Abuja on Friday afternoon as the authorities of the Nigeria Governmemt and the Nigeria Police force refused to produce the human righs activist and a former Presidential aspirant, Omoyele Sowore, and other four personalities in an attempt to make their bail application impossible.

Omoyele Sowore

The presiding Magistrate, Mabel Segun-Bello, had earlier on wednesday ordered the Police force that the activists be remained at Force Criminal Investigation Department, Located at Area 10.

Read This Post:  Professional Footballer Slapped By A Military Man In Nigeria (Photo)

The Magistrate scheduled today, friday 8th January, 2020 as the rulling date over their baul applications which was filed by a lawyer, Marshal Abubakar.

It was reported that the police force had refused to bring Omoyele sowore to court following a leaked information that the said case had been transferred from FCT Commissioner of Police to the Duputy Inspector-General of Police who is in charge of the Force Criminal Investigation Department.

According to SaharaReporters, it was said that there was another document from the office of the Attorney General of the Federation which gave order for the case to be transferred to the Directorate of Public Prosecution.

Read This Post:  End Our Fears Not Our Lives

According to the defence counsel, Marshal Abubakar, who confirm that shenanigans by Nigerian governmemt to frustrate their bail application in other to keep the activists indefinitely.

Marshal Abubakar also noted that no lawyer who show up from the DPP office, while the police had also refused to bring the defendants to court. The layer referred the plot by Nigeria government as ‘Subvert Justice’.

Omoyele Sowore had not yet arrieved the court as a large crowd of their supporters have beem waiting on the premises, chanting solidarity songs and also going in an attempt to storm the Force Criminal Investigation Department.

Read This Post:  What a Sad News: Alexandre Lacazette to depart Arsenal to Monaco in Summer

 

Copyright 2021 The People of Nigeria. Permission to Copy, use Images and quotations from this article is granted subject to appropriate cridit (Link) being giving to this 'source page' or www.thepeopleofnigeria.com otherwise, legal action will be taken.

Trending