Jurgen Klopp’s men have progressed to the next round of FA cup after they won their match against hosts Aston Villa at Villa Park, in the third round.
Liverpool players have had dissapointing matches recently, so, this was like a ray of light at the end of the tunnel.
Aston Villa’s youngsters made their team for the match against Liverpool because many of Villa’s senior players were self-isolating due to Covid19 reasons at the club.
The match started with Liverpool getting in front as quickly as the 4th minute, when Sadio Mane headed home a beautiful cross from Curtis Jones. James Milner had a second shot at goal from Jones cross, but, he couldn’t put it in the back of the net.
Later on, both teams tried to create chances and score goals, but, couldn’t drive any effort home till the 41st minute, when Callow Rowe’s through ball to Barry was rewarded with a beautiful finish from the Aston Villa’s youngster. Aston Villa equalised and at halftime, the score remained 1-1.
In the second half, Liverpool players were fired up, as they started threatening from the beginning of the second half. Salah shoved in a goal which was ruled out for offside.
The Reds were back in front in the 60th minute, when Takumi Minamino’s pass was tucked home by Georginio Wijnaldum.
The scoreline was widened as quckly as the 63rd minute, as Xherdan Shaqiri’s cross was powerfully headed home by Mane, making the score 3-1. Liverpool totally dominated the second half and it rewarded them again when Salah twisted and fired home Shaqiri’s brilliant pass.
At the end of ninety minutes, Liverpool were the winners with a 4-1 scoreline.
Meanwhile, Coronavirus pandemic has really been an issue in the area of sports, as more players players and team officials are testing positive for the dangerous cankerworm.
Some matches have also been cancelled due to this reasons, as players are currently self-isolating.
- How Mikel Arteta can help Bukayo Saka dominate Premier League next season June 14, 2021
- Thomas Tuchel need to learn from Zidane – how to win back – to – champions league trophy June 14, 2021
- No Champions League, no Europa League- can Mikel Arteta Arsenal’s lift the FA Cup again and make Top- four? June 10, 2021
- LEAKED VIDEO: “Poor writting” behind the scene of Ogun State Governor Prince Dapo Abiodun speaches shows a Lack of Professionalism from his aides June 9, 2021
- 3 reason why Chelsea’s likely to break Arsenal invincible Premier League records next season June 9, 2021