Michel Owen has come out to gives his prediction ahead of this Saturday Champions League final between Manchester City and Chelsea.
Micheal owen in his predictions back Manchster City as he state a 2-0 victory for Pep Guardiola’s City in this Saturday Champions League final showdown.
Manchester City will be hoping to lift the Trophy for the first time in history, while Thomas Tuchel’s Chelsea are hoping to join the multiple winners of the Trpophy after the blues first claimed the Trophy in 2012 against FC Bayern Munich.
Manchester City defeated France gaint PSG in the semi-final of the competition to booked their spot in the final, while Chelsea Progressed after overcomming the Champions League giant Real madrid in the semi-final tie.
Former Manchester United and Liverpool Striker Micheal Owen has now tip Pep Guardiol’s City to win their first ever European Trophy.
As quoted by TheSportReview. Micheal Owen Writing in his column for BetVictor, Owen said: “For the second time in three years, the Champions League final will be contested by two English clubs.
Manchester City have finally shaken off their hoodoo of missing out at the quarter-final stage, and in some style.
“The Citizens were worthy winners over two legs against PSG in the semis, and given their all-out assault domestically, they rightfully come into this as favourites.
“However, one blot in their pursuit for a treble came against Chelsea in the FA Cup. Thomas Tuchel masterminded a 1-0 win, so there’s no doubt the Londoners will quietly fancy their chances here.
“With the league sewn up a couple of weeks ago, City have had ample time to prepare for this.
“That can only be of benefit to Pep Guardiola, and given Chelsea’s recent dip in form, it’s hard to make a case against City lifting their first Champions League trophy.
“I think Chelsea will sit in here and try to catch City on the counter, however, with Manchester City so powerful on the attack, keeping them out is the ultimate test.
“With that in mind, I’m going for City to win their first and much coveted, Champions League trophy with a 2-0 victory.”
- How Mikel Arteta can help Bukayo Saka dominate Premier League next season June 14, 2021
- Thomas Tuchel need to learn from Zidane – how to win back – to – champions league trophy June 14, 2021
- No Champions League, no Europa League- can Mikel Arteta Arsenal’s lift the FA Cup again and make Top- four? June 10, 2021
- LEAKED VIDEO: “Poor writting” behind the scene of Ogun State Governor Prince Dapo Abiodun speaches shows a Lack of Professionalism from his aides June 9, 2021
- 3 reason why Chelsea’s likely to break Arsenal invincible Premier League records next season June 9, 2021