After Manchester City’s win over Aston Villa, they moved to the top of the table, while United were left to battle Fulham if they wanted to retain their spot as league leaders.
Barely 24 hours after they were displaced, Pogba’s goal drove the Red Devils back to the top again with 40 points in all league matches this season.
Fulham players were on fire at Craven Cottage when Ademola Lookman calculated an incoming ball from André Zambo Anguissa, ramming the ball in the bottom corner of United post.
Ole Gunnan’s men had the worst possible start as current league leaders. It was a goal in the early minutes, so, a lot could still go down before full-time. United were under pressure to work their winning ways and deliver.
This time, Solskjaer started Edinson Cavani, in place of Marcus Rashford and the 33 years old did not fail to prove himself, as he levelled for United in the 22nd minute.
After Fulham’s goal, Manchester United started creating chances and pressuring, trying to find the net. Alphonse Areola fired a shot from Bruno Fernandez cross, but, the ball only hit the post. Cavani knew the struggle was not over yet, as he wiped the rebound in.
The Red Devils had more ball possession after they were levelled with Fulham, as they tried to find the back of the net. The match stayed 1-1 at halftime. In the second half, United’s breakthrough finally came through Pogba, when he saw the a lagging Fulham’s defence, took advantage and curled in a beautiful ball to make the scoreline 2-1.
Pogba has an history of unexpectedly coming to United rescue.
The league leaders were going for a third immediately, when Cavani tried a beautiful shot which was skillfully denied by Areola. Fulham tried to restore the game back to parity later in the second half, when Aleksander Mitrovic header was deflected wide by Eric Bailly.
At the end of ninety minutes, United recorded a well fought win over Fulham and retained their spot as Premier league leaders. They are currently two points ahead of strict rivals, Manchester City with more matched to play
- How Mikel Arteta can help Bukayo Saka dominate Premier League next season June 14, 2021
- Thomas Tuchel need to learn from Zidane – how to win back – to – champions league trophy June 14, 2021
- No Champions League, no Europa League- can Mikel Arteta Arsenal’s lift the FA Cup again and make Top- four? June 10, 2021
- LEAKED VIDEO: “Poor writting” behind the scene of Ogun State Governor Prince Dapo Abiodun speaches shows a Lack of Professionalism from his aides June 9, 2021
- 3 reason why Chelsea’s likely to break Arsenal invincible Premier League records next season June 9, 2021