Poland International And Bayern Munich’s Striker Robert Lewandowski has been named the Best Fifa Player of 2020 in Zurich on Thursday evening.
Lewandowski beating last year’s winner Lionel Messi and five time’s winner Cristiano Ronaldo to the top prize award.
The Poland Striker scored 55 goals in 47 games accross all competitions last season and also helped Bayern Munich in liftting the treble im 2019/2020 season.
Robert Lewandowski beautiful stats saw him as the top scorer in the German domestic league, cup and Champions League as well.
Manchester City defender Lucy Bronze won the best women’s player award of the year.
The winners were decided by votes from National team captains and head coaches, also online ballot of fans and 200 media representatives.
The Poland international won the award for the very first time, putting an end to the duopoly of Barcelonal star Lionel Messi and Juventu’s Cristiano Ronaldo whom have being sharing the stage between themselves for the past 13 years.
It can be recall that both Cristiano Ronaldo and Lionel Messi was the two runner ups to the FiFA award back in 2007 while Ricardo Kaka of Brazil claimed the award, this proves how the two has been dominating the biggest football stage for years.
This season, Lewandowski has picked up his boots from where he left them, having score 16 goals in 14 games for Bayern this season.
- How Mikel Arteta can help Bukayo Saka dominate Premier League next season June 14, 2021
- Thomas Tuchel need to learn from Zidane – how to win back – to – champions league trophy June 14, 2021
- No Champions League, no Europa League- can Mikel Arteta Arsenal’s lift the FA Cup again and make Top- four? June 10, 2021
- LEAKED VIDEO: “Poor writting” behind the scene of Ogun State Governor Prince Dapo Abiodun speaches shows a Lack of Professionalism from his aides June 9, 2021
- 3 reason why Chelsea’s likely to break Arsenal invincible Premier League records next season June 9, 2021