Minister of Information and Culture, Lai Mohammed, disclosed on friday that the Nigeria government got foreign help and support forvthe release of over 340 abducted students of Kankara, Kastina State.
The 344 schoolboys were released on thursday night after spending six(6) days in Bandits captivity.
Lai Mohammed, when asked at a press conference in Abuja on friday whether Nigeria government seek for any foreign collaboration or received any support that leads to the release of the schoolboys.
The Minister said: “As to whether there was foreign collaboration, please don’t forget i said that we thank all patriotic Nigerians and all friends of Nigeria”.
Lai Mohammed, however, declined giving out details of those foreign countries who supported Nigeria in the mission to resuce the 344 schoolboys and all types of help rendered.
The Minister of Information and Culture also claimed no ransom was paid for the release of the students.
Mr Lai said ” Nigeria security and intelligence agencies were completely on situation”.
He said, “there is no where in the world that they don’t negotiate with terrorists” most especially when there is a need to save children or lives in general.
Bandits did it and not Boko Haram
Mr Lai Mohammed insisted that the schoolboys were kidnapprd by bandits, and dismissing the videos of the abducted students reportedlly released by Boko Haram.
- How Mikel Arteta can help Bukayo Saka dominate Premier League next season June 14, 2021
- Thomas Tuchel need to learn from Zidane – how to win back – to – champions league trophy June 14, 2021
- No Champions League, no Europa League- can Mikel Arteta Arsenal’s lift the FA Cup again and make Top- four? June 10, 2021
- LEAKED VIDEO: “Poor writting” behind the scene of Ogun State Governor Prince Dapo Abiodun speaches shows a Lack of Professionalism from his aides June 9, 2021
- 3 reason why Chelsea’s likely to break Arsenal invincible Premier League records next season June 9, 2021