Prof. Itse Segay (SAN), renowned professor of low and civil rights activist, speaking with Daily Independent said it is the tun of the southerners to rule Nigeria and produce the president successor in the next general election as to preserve the unity of Nigeria and ensure all form of justice and fairness.
Prof. Sagay who is the chairman of the presidential Advisory Committee Against Corruption (PACAC) and also a chieftain of the rulling party, All Progressives Congress (APC), he also disclosed an informal zonning agreement which the party must honour in selecting the next presidential flag bearer for the 2020 presidential election.
According to Prof. Sagay, who says even though the agreement was an implied one, yet the founder of the All Progressives Congress APC had agreed that the 2023 presidency would now move to the souht after the North had Completed the constitutional two terms of eight years.
Sagay also noted that President Buhari will not be the person to determine who to succeed him or to come out openly in support for any of his aspirants.
Speaking on the 2023 Presidential ambition of the former Lagos State Governor, Asiwaju Bola Tinubu who is the party’s national leader, Prof. Sagay made it know that nothing bars the former state governor from contesting in the 2023 general election.
“Perfectly, Tinubu is free and eligible to contest in the next 2023 presidential election. We all know Tinubu is a potential presidential candidate. So, there is no any restrictions or obstruction stoping him from taking part in the next election if he wants to.
- How Mikel Arteta can help Bukayo Saka dominate Premier League next season June 14, 2021
- Thomas Tuchel need to learn from Zidane – how to win back – to – champions league trophy June 14, 2021
- No Champions League, no Europa League- can Mikel Arteta Arsenal’s lift the FA Cup again and make Top- four? June 10, 2021
- LEAKED VIDEO: “Poor writting” behind the scene of Ogun State Governor Prince Dapo Abiodun speaches shows a Lack of Professionalism from his aides June 9, 2021
- 3 reason why Chelsea’s likely to break Arsenal invincible Premier League records next season June 9, 2021