End Sars!! Lagos State Governor, Babajide Sanwoolu and his aides inspected the lekki tollgate today 23rd of October 2020, three days after the lekki massacre.
Governor Sanwo-Olu has also paid a visit to various looted SMEs, shopping malls and scenes of destruction in Lagos State for inspection of the damaged areas during the EndSARS protest which was hijacked by hoodlums.
Recall that many private and public properties were looted, vandalized and destroyed including BRT buses, the palace of the Oba of Lagos State, various police stations, Spar Nigeria and many others as the EndSARS protest against police brutality took a violent turn and was hijacked.
The EndSARS protests, which started on the 6th of October by youths coming out to protest against police brutality and a special unit of the Nigerian Police Force called the Special Anti-Robbery Squad (SARS) was hijacked by hoodlums, believed to have been hired by the government.
Gov. Jide Sanwo-olu also visited families of victims of the lekki massacre, commiserated with them and apologized to them. Recall that two days ago, he had previously said there were no deaths recorded in the lekki massacre. He also said everything that happened during the lekki massacre were forces beyond his control.
The lekki massacre happened on Tuesday and more than 70 lives were lost as a result of the shooting from the armed forces. He also ordered a clean up of Lagos State and announced that the Lagos State government is doing all it can to bring offending officers to book. He released a list of ongoing prosecution of police officers for offences related to the violation of human rights in Lagos.
In addition to that, he warned protesters to stay home and that the government was already putting measures in place to end Police Brutality.
He also relaxed the curfew he had formerly imposed on the state and announced that people would be allowed to go out from 8am to 6pm effective from tomorrow, Saturday 24th October 2020.
The curfew has been previously put in place to get the looting, shooting and vandalism under control. Now that Lagos is calmer, Gov. Babajide Sanwo-olu has relaxed the curfew, although he has not completely removed it. Schools are still closed, and there has been no announcement on that yet.
Like this article? Kindly share.
- How Mikel Arteta can help Bukayo Saka dominate Premier League next season June 14, 2021
- Thomas Tuchel need to learn from Zidane – how to win back – to – champions league trophy June 14, 2021
- No Champions League, no Europa League- can Mikel Arteta Arsenal’s lift the FA Cup again and make Top- four? June 10, 2021
- LEAKED VIDEO: “Poor writting” behind the scene of Ogun State Governor Prince Dapo Abiodun speaches shows a Lack of Professionalism from his aides June 9, 2021
- 3 reason why Chelsea’s likely to break Arsenal invincible Premier League records next season June 9, 2021