Arsenal top stars Kieran Tierney, Alexandre Lacazette and Pierre-Emerick Aubameyang could all feature in the Gunners’ crucial Europa League semi-final second leg clash with Villarreal on Thursday.
Aubameyang is the most certain to start for Gunners, after recovering from malaria while on international duty with home country Gabon.
The forward came on late in the first leg and lasted 77 minutes of the Gunners’ 2-0 win over Newcastle during the weekend, which made top coach Mike Arteta confirm that he is in a good place with his health.
Speaking at his pre-match press conference, Arteta said: “He played well [vs Newcastle] and he felt much better than the days before that. Obviously, scoring a goal is really important for him as well, so he’s in a good place.”
Meanwhile, the other two injury scares, Tierney and Lacazette have returned to team’s full training ahead of the Villarreal clash and Arteta is ready to involve them in the Europa league clash.
Tierney has not played for Arsenal since the beginning of April due to a knee problem, while Lacazette has not played the last three matches for his team due to a hamstring injury.
Arteta has urged his team players to do well with any opportunity they get, as they seek to come back from a 2-1 defeat to the spanish side in the first leg and reach the Europa League final.
He said: “It’s time to change it. We have to embrace the challenge and the opportunity we have ahead.
“I think it’s the 10th time that the club has been in a European semi-final, so it doesn’t happen very often. We have to take the opportunity tomorrow and earn the right to be in the final.
“We obviously didn’t get the result that we wanted but with the context and the situation that happened during the game, we got out of that situation in a pretty good way considering the circumstances and playing 40 minutes with 10 men.”
- How Mikel Arteta can help Bukayo Saka dominate Premier League next season June 14, 2021
- Thomas Tuchel need to learn from Zidane – how to win back – to – champions league trophy June 14, 2021
- No Champions League, no Europa League- can Mikel Arteta Arsenal’s lift the FA Cup again and make Top- four? June 10, 2021
- LEAKED VIDEO: “Poor writting” behind the scene of Ogun State Governor Prince Dapo Abiodun speaches shows a Lack of Professionalism from his aides June 9, 2021
- 3 reason why Chelsea’s likely to break Arsenal invincible Premier League records next season June 9, 2021