Chelsea take all the 3 point in yesterday Top 4 decided against Leicester, Antonio Rudiger and Jorginh goals were enough to stay ahead of the Foxes.
Chelsea bounce back from their 1-0 FA Cup Final defeat and regain the confidence needed to prepare for the Champions League final showdown later this month, while Leicester City remain in a precarioud position.
Our 3 talking point from Chelsea 2-1 Win over Leicester City.
#1. VAR almost cost Chelsea again
Timo Werner was denied a clear Penalty in the after just 18th minutes into the game when Youri Tieleman’s make and attempt to clear a ball inside his own box and ended up kicking the Werner instead.
Werner and his Chelsea teamates protested for penalty but unfortunately for the blues Mike Dean and VAR turn them down.
Also, there was another instance where Chelsea were denied another crucial sport-kick and it has to be Timo Werner again.
Chelsea were lucky that VAR doesn’t have a major implications on the game has it would have been a different story by now.
#2. Mason Mount responds to Thomas Tuchel “Struggled in recent games” criticism with an imoressive performance
The Egland International had a poor-day in the 1-0 loss to Leicester in the FA Cup final last weekend, as he failed to help his team on the big night. And this poor display from him led to the fear claim of the Chelsea manager who claimed the midfielder has “struggled in recent games”.
Men's Player of the Year. 👏 pic.twitter.com/t1BhSjBxiQ
— Chelsea FC (@ChelseaFC) May 18, 2021
Mount claim the man of the match after an impressive performance, despite not able to find the back of the net.
#3. Leicester City’s Top-4 fate now looks diccey
Last night Top 4 decided game was a must win game fot both sides.
Last night loss to Chelsea now put the Foxes in jeooardy. Leicester will have to win their final game of the season against Tottenham, while they also hope Liverpool drop points in thier next two games.
Aston Villa (A)
Crystal Palace (H)
What will the Premier League top four look like come the end of the season? 🤔 pic.twitter.com/DN6ugQUxka
— Goal (@goal) May 18, 2021
Liverpool play Burnley and Crystal Palace in thier next two games and the games looks easier for the Merseyside than the Fox who have to Face a strong Tottenham.
- How Mikel Arteta can help Bukayo Saka dominate Premier League next season June 14, 2021
- Thomas Tuchel need to learn from Zidane – how to win back – to – champions league trophy June 14, 2021
- No Champions League, no Europa League- can Mikel Arteta Arsenal’s lift the FA Cup again and make Top- four? June 10, 2021
- LEAKED VIDEO: “Poor writting” behind the scene of Ogun State Governor Prince Dapo Abiodun speaches shows a Lack of Professionalism from his aides June 9, 2021
- 3 reason why Chelsea’s likely to break Arsenal invincible Premier League records next season June 9, 2021